As Constance Kabaziga's daughter, from Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo, taught Lindsay Sterling in Freeport, ME.
Note: This awesome energy drink cleanses and burns in a reviving way. It wakes you up with flavor!
Makes: 10 servings
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 quart of orange juice
- 1.5 large stalk of ginger
- Sweetener, optional
- Pineapple juice, optional
1. Peel and cut ginger into chunks and cover in a large mixing bowl with water. Toss together and strain.
2. Blend ginger in blender adding water if necessary to make ginger puree. Squeeze masses of ginger purree over a fine mesh strainer over a bowl so you will have a bowl of fiber-free ginger juice.
3. Put ginger fiber back in mixing bowl. Pour orange juice into the bowl. Massage ginger with orange juice. Strain ginger-orange juice just like you did the ginger the first time.
4. Serve the strained ginger-orange juice straight as a refreshing and healthy energy drink. Add sweetener or fresh pineapple juice if you wish.