Salsa de Tomate
As Erika Lopez and Herson Peraza from La Palma, El Salvador, taught Lindsay Sterling in Portland, ME. Photos and video by Lindsay Sterling.
Note: Salsa de tomate is a tomato sauce for serving with taquitos and pupusas.
Cooking time: 15 min
Makes: 8 servings
- 1/4 onion
- 3 tomatoes
- 1/4 green pepper
- 1 chicken bouillon packet or 1 tsp Better than Bouillon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp Goya sazon con azafran or achiote for color
1. Blend all ingredients in blender.
2. Transfer sauce to a small pan.
3. Cook on medium until color darkens from pink to darker red.
4. Serve on the side of pupusas and drizzled on top of taquitos.